February 25, 2004

Thursday, March 27, 2014

The last few days

Ten years ago today, Cortnie and I went to visit Mollie. It had only been a few days since we almost lost her and I was still raw.

I was pulled aside by the doctors to discuss her current state. They informed me that many times throughout the night her levels would drop and she would be moments from death. They knew my desire to be with her when she took her last breath so they suggested I consider staying in the area rather than driving the 1 hour home. They were fairly certain the end would come quickly and I probably wouldn't make it in time.


I was shattered. I knew this was coming but it was as if the last ray of hope had been removed. I was so angry and scared. But I had to be brave. Cortnie was with me and she was only 10 years old. I couldn't explain to her what I couldn't understand myself.

We drove home in silence as I tried to figure out what to do.


Today I learned that a sweet baby boy was born in New York with a Vein of Galen Malformation. I don't know the details, just that he is not well. He is in the presence of a doctor whom I have heard a lot about in the past few years. A doctor who is a miracle worker when it comes to VOGM and for that I am thankful. Most importantly he is in the hands of our God who is the ultimate doctor and miracle worker.


As I reflect on my sweet Mollie and her life, I remember that God is with me too. He was there 10 years ago and He is here now. Although my hands are shaky as I type and my eyes fill with tears remembering the pain, I am comforted by the fact that God has and will continue to bring me peace.

I think of the family of the sweet baby boy who is in NY fighting for his life. I know they are scared and anxious and confused and feeling a myriad of emotions right now as they fervently pray for their baby boy. I can, and have, reached out to them. To pray, to listen and to offer words of encouragement. And for that, I am honored. This is not a road I wanted to be on, but it has given me the ability to encourage and support others.

Please join me in prayer for this little guy and his family.
Thank You Lord that You are a God who sees and a God who knows. Thank You that You are a God who heals and comforts. I lift up this precious baby boy and his family to You. Bring him healing. Give the Dr. wisdom and direction. Give his family peace and comfort.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment