February 25, 2004

Monday, October 15, 2012

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awarenss...

In October 1988, President Reagan proclaimed October to be National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month. Since then, October 15th has become Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day. Many people have worked hard to keep this remembrance going. To be honest, I didn't even know about this day until after my sweet Mollie blessed our lives.

Not a day goes by when I don't think of her a little. So, I consider this a day as a day to reflect and remember her short life as well as to reach out to others who have had a similar loss. I could never imagine I would be in a place to encourage and comfort others but the Lord has brought healing to me and many people into my life whom I can comfort.

As a good friend often reminds me I 'have a license to comfort others. It isn't a license I want or would ever ask for, but it's a license non the less.'

As painful as my journey has been, I wouldn't trade the lessons for anything. My sweet little girl blessed me and through her life and death, I can bless others. She will never be forgotten for she is always in my heart. I can remember her with gladness and love and the hope of seeing her again one day when the Lord takes me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment