February 25, 2004

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

That time of year again...

I'm in that season again, where my heart is just a little more raw and I find it hard to breathe sometimes. Even with eight years passing, it still feels like someone is standing on my chest! (another VGM mom made that statement last year and I think it is the most descriptive thing I've heard) Tomorrow will be 8 years since I held sweet Mollie as she took her last breath.



My focus is on being thankful for the time I had with my sweet Miss Mollie. I could still be angry and hurt and questioning, but I choose to be thankful and blessed and happy.  There are things I will never experience with her, and that makes me sad, but I know that soon I will experience eternity with her and that gives me joy!

The only picture I have of her looking at me!


And God, in His faithfulness, has given me many opportunities to encourage and support others. I can live 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God."

I have a sweet friend who blesses me with an angel ornament every year in memory of Mollie. This is a picture of them all! 
Holding on to my ever present help, the Lord, and thanking Him for His comfort, grace, and mercy!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot imagine your experience Christina. Thanks for sharing your heart, your pain, and your hope and help! I share that with you in my own trials - my prayers follow you today, my friend.

    ReplyDelete